2019 SDGA Gerry Ashe Memorial
Host: Yahnundasis Golf Club (New Hartford, NY)
Dates: June 21-23, 2019
Entry Fee: $100
Deadline: Monday, June 17th (5PM)
Terms of the Competition
The entry fee is $100. This includes all green fees, lunch on Friday, prizes, and awards.
This championship is open to male amateur golfers who meet the following requirements:
- Membership: Players must be a member of the SDGA, by (1) belonging to an SDGA member club or (2) joining as a 2019 SDGA Associate Member ($100 fee).
- Age: Players must be at least 14 years old as of June 21, 2019.
- USGA Handicap Index: Players must have an active USGA Handicap Index, issued by their member club, of 8.4 or less.
FIELD SIZE AND WAIT LIST
The field is limited to the first 80 players to apply. After the field limit is reached, players will be placed on a wait list in order by their time of registration.
ENTRIES, DEADLINE, AND REFUND POLICY
- Entries: An entry must be submitted online with payment prior to the deadline. Late entries will not be accepted, regardless of reason.
- Deadline: The deadline to submit entries is Monday, June 17th, 2019 at 5:00pm.
- Refund Policy: The entry fee, less a $20 service fee, will be refunded if a player withdraws 24 hours prior to the start of the event.
The format is 54 holes at stroke play, with a cut after 18 holes (low 60 players and ties) and after 36 holes (low 40 players and ties). Play will be from the Black tees.
All play will be governed by the USGA Rules of Golf. Players will be provided a "Notice to Players" rules sheet containing local rules and conditions. The SDGA will have volunteer Rules Officials on the course to provide rulings and answer questions.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Friday, June 21 // Round 1 // Tee times begin at 8:30am
Saturday, June 22 // Round 2 // Tee times begin at 11:00am
Sunday, June 23 // Round 3 // Tee times begin at 11:00am
*Round 2 and 3 tee times/pairings are based off score (highest start first).
FIRST ROUND TEE TIMES AND PAIRINGS
The first round pairings will be available on Tuesday, June 18th and will be emailed to all players. If you have a first-round tee time request (early vs late), please email SDGA intern Mike Timmerman (email@example.com) prior to the close of entries. Pairing requests will not be accommodated.
Practice rounds are available (June 14 - 20) at Yahnundasis for a fee of $50 (includes cart). To schedule a tee time, contact the pro shop at (315) 732-3950.
PLAYER LUNCH ON FRIDAY
A complimentary lunch will be provided to all players downstairs on Friday, June 21.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
The club's restaurant opens at 11:00am and accepts cash or credit.
The golf cart rental fee is $20 plus tax per player, payable in the pro shop (credit cards only).
The range ball fee is $6.50 plus tax per bucket.
Trophies will be awarded to the winners.
Gift certificates to the host club pro shop will be awarded to approximately 1/4 of the field.
SDGA Tournament Chairs
Todd Dischinger, Chuck Harty, and Tim Hall